JOEYSUKI is a one-of-a-kind DJ & producer from Tilburg, Holland. With more than 50 releases over the past five years, JOEYSUKI has proven that he’s a musical powerhouse!
Joey has polished his productions into a clear, unique sound which has seen him have releases on major international labels like Spinnin’, Flamingo and Toolroom Records. Many respected international superstars like Tiesto, Hardwell, and the Swedish House Mafia started supporting his tracks. In addition, he has collaborated with the likes of Firebeatz, Hardwell, and Apster.
We were lucky thanks to the guys at P3Party.com and Club Royalty, to interview this talented DJ/Producer. Here’s how it all went down:
1. Please tell us something about yourself? Where do you live and how did you become a dj/producer?
I’m JoeySuki, a DJ and producer for about 7/8 years now. I started from the bottom in my hometown, playing at weddings and little family parties with my drive-in show and now i’m touring the world, own my own record label and releasing lots of new music every month! I live in the Netherlands such as a lot of other DJ’s haha.
2. Have you always wanted to make a career in music as a child? Or is it something that just came to you?
It’s actually something that just came to me. My family doesn’t have a music background and i’ve never have learned to play an instrument but I did had a little boys dream to have my own drive in show with a friend of mine. After becoming a DJ, producing music started to be more interesting for me so thats when I dived into the music production part.
3. How did being from a great party nation like Netherlands influence your music style?
I’ve visited and played a lot of parties in the Netherlands and you speak a lot of other DJ’s here because it’s just a small country so I think it influenced me by heading to the parties and see the effect of the crowd to certain styles of music.
4. Do you have any new tracks which you will be releasing the next coming months?
Yeah! My new track will be out on Ultra Records in the USA. I’m really excited for that one! There are also 3 remixes coming up from my side and the official remixes of my own track „Aftermovie” have just been released on my own label Dubbed Records.
5. What are your biggest and favorite tracks of the moment on your playlist?
I really love the Quintino remix of Afrojacks – Ten Feet Tall.
6. Which artist has inspired you over the years?
Laidback Luke definitely. He’s such a big inspiration for young dj’s and producers.
7. What do you do in your free time when you are not producing music or dj’ing?
I love playing Call of Duty in my free time or just hang out with friends and go out.
JoeySuki during his Maiden India Tour
8.If you could partner up with an artist right now, who would you like to collaborate with and what kind of project would it be?
That will be Fedde Le Grand. I love his music from the very first moment and he’s an inspiration for me as well. Would be cool to make a very clubby track with him!
9. Who are some up-and-coming artists that have been impressing you lately? Anyone that we should keep an eye on in the future?
I really like to work from Matt and Kendo. They have already been releasing some tracks on my label and they keep surprising me with their sound!
10. Tell us about some of your recent touring/live performances. Any memorable ones that come to mind? Also, what are your touring plans for the rest of 2014?
I actually just came back from my India tour which was really cool! I played in Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. For this year i’m planning to go back to the USA again and a lot of gigs in Europe as well.
11. What is your favorite music festival worldwide?
I’ve been to Ultra this year for the first time in my life and I really loved that one!
12. How was your India Tour?
Really great! People in India are really kind and know how to party!!
13. Any memorable moments while playing at Club Royalty?
Yeah when I played my new track “Aftermovie” and everybody went nuts!
JoeySuki playing at Club Royalty, Mumbai.
14. Did you check out any cool places while on tour in India?
I did check out several monuments in Mumbai and saw the most expensive house of the world. Besides that there wasn’t really much time to see a lot.
15. What about the food ? Are you a fan of the curries already ?
I loved curries before I went to India. Eating it all the time in Holland but when i’m on tour I try to eat neutral food to keep my stomach happy haha. Indian curries are next level for us dutchies.
16. Any advice for the young generation of aspiring artists and producers in India?
Keep on doing what you love to do and don’t let yourself get down by anyone! If you believe in something you can achieve it.