FTAMPA is one of the most talked about artists hailing from South America in recent times. The Green Valley resident DJ has had some chart-topping releases on international leading labels such as “5 Days” on Spinnin’ Records; “Falcon” feat Bruno Barudi, and, “Kismet” feat Goldfish & Blink, both, on Revealed Recordings; “Hero” and “Make Some Noise” are part of a banger EP released on Vicious, just like “Yes” feat Vandalism, further, “Kick It Hard” and “Jailbait” by Avicii (FTampa Remix); “Samba” feat Klauss Goulard has also achieved a #7 at Beatport’s Progressive House Top 10.
Garnering support from the likes of Hardwell, Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Fedde Le Grand, Knife Party, Krewella among many others, FTampa is a true new talented artist in the market.
Seemingly , Brazil is one of the biggest markets in the dance music industry; proof of Tomorrowland Brazil being sold out in 8 hours. We got a chance to speak with FTAMPA at Miami Music Week and know more about him:
1) FTampa in Miami! How’s it going?
Hello! I play at alot of places in the world but it’s my first time at Miami. It’s been so amazing so far and the parties are just unreal.
2) The initial support for your track ‘Kick It Hard’ in 2013 from the likes of Hardwell playing it at Tomorrowland was a big boost for you to be recognized further wasn’t it?
3) How did you get into music?
I started playing the piano since I was 4 years old. When I grew older and was 14, my cousin introduced me to EDM and as soon as I heard some music, I knew this is what I wanted to do.
4) Is Tomorrowland Brazil on the cards for you?
Yes! I am playing on the mainstage and it is so exciting for me. It’s a dream come true. I can’t wait to play there.
5) How does it feel that the biggest music festival in the world is now going to take place at Brazil, which is also one of the biggest EDM markets in the world.
It’s very exciting. All the big festivals are coming there. Brazil is a big place to be at. We have the #1 club in the world ‘Green Valley’ where I am the resident. It’s a very proud thing for me.
6) You have made music for even films and video games for the XBox and Playstation and more. That’s pretty interesting.
Actually, it’s crazy. It’s a different experience and you can make different kind of music for films and video games. It’s good because you get tested at a very high level in music. It’s different from EDM. And I feel privileged to make music at such a level.
7) Have you heard anything about the Indian market for Dance Music?
I know it’s big and growing. I have never been there before but I would love to come there soon. It’s sort of like Brazil, growing at a very fast pace.
8) Any good collabs and new music coming up for you?
I’m working with R3hab and some more artists. I have collabs and originals coming up too. It’s my first time in Miami so I’m getting along well!
9) How important is it as an artist for fashion and style and packaging to be in place to make the events, festivals and performance be at top notch?
Fashion is important and so is packaging. I beleive that it’s good to start a trend and have people look up to you and follow the same suit. It sells.
10) Finally, What makes Green Valley so special and the top club in the world 2 years in a row?
It’s one of the best located clubs in Brazil. It’s a huge club with a capacity of 7 to 12 thousand people. You have to get there to experience it. It’s just magic.